Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hydrogen generators - or really a trick?

A few years ago I have a lot of research on the use of hydrogen generators for my vehicle to improve fuel efficiency. I was pretty skeptical about the process of converting water into its basic elements, known in two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen, also known as HHO. It is the process that is electrolysis, but the amount of electricity that is used to decompose water into its basic elements. Then use these basic elements as fuel, which is now in gaseous form toThey replace the energy lost in the conversion process, plus additional power for the operation of a vehicle. This is the big question. If this process can provide enough energy for a fuel consumption of vehicles advertised claims of 20, 40 and even 60%, or is there a trick to make everything better?

There are many claims there are 35%, 65%, believed, or not? So I decided to put to the test. I bought a simple DIY kit, $ 50 for the ebook and $ 100 for the kit of two cells. TheI needed to read a couple of days over 132 pages, ebook, which was the time that he received the two-cell hydrogen generator kits. It took me almost all week to put together the kits, which in the evening after work. Then over the weekend I installed the HHO cell in my 2003 Grand Marquis with a 4.6L V-8 engine. I installed behind the grid cells HHO car, easily tested, the water level without lifting the hood. After several trips to the hardware storeFittings and pipes to the right I had everything ready to go.

Stainless Steel Range Hood

Something I had never seen in any of the listings or reports and I do not know until my ebook, is that a capacitor is necessary. You see, if the hydrogen and oxygen through the combustion chamber, a portion of the unburned gas and convert it back into the water is pushed by the piston in the crankcase and oil pan. Well, this is not a good place for water. Water causes rust and corrosion. So, when the suction tubecomes from the top of the rocker cover and goes into the intake manifold, I pulled the hose and run a new pipe form the wing with a compressor-filter (which was my condenser) to cover. Mount the capacitor before the car radiator for maximum cooling and then run another pipe to the end of the vacuum line supply with a capacitor in line. Then, when the engine is warm, the oil is hot steaming water, and will be cooled and collected in the condenser.You must empty the condensate always here and there. It works best to discharge the capacitor from time to time you need to add water to the HHO cell, usually about every 1,000 miles.

When I installed my DIY HHO generator I connected a supply line to the condenser HHO cell, rewind, go back to the intake manifold and the provision of other cells to the air intake after the air filter. With this arrangement, I went about 18-19 MPG to 21 MPG. That was up 16%MPG. After about an hour by train, I noticed a change. The car became slower, came the check engine light and my MPG dropped back to 18 MPG.

After reading a little 'and research, I found a quick solution to the problem. The problem was with the introduction of HHO gas, which made the gasoline burn more efficiently and more slender. Top with a leaner fuel mixture and exhaust temperatures were the units of the engine management ECU computer is not more thanTemperatures. The ECU was thinking that something was wrong with the oxygen or O2 sensors and reset the air / fuel mixture of 14.7:1 in default.

Let me explain a little 'of what I learned about the O2 sensor in general, I tell you the solution of the problem. However, most O2 sensors operate on a temperature difference between the atmospheric temperature or environmental and internal temperatures of the exhaust gases. This difference is what makes the 0.2 volts to 0.8 volts generates sensors. If exhaust temperatures are very hot, the sensor generates 0.2 V, which tells the control unit, the air / fuel mixture is very lean, and when exhaust temperatures are cooler, the sensor generates 0.8 volts, which tells the control unit of the air / fuel mixture is very rich. The ECU wants to get a perfect 0.45 voltage by adjusting the air / fuel mixture.

The solution I found was to wrap several layers of aluminum foil around the O2 sensors. This raises the whole temperature rangeField> on the sensors. So, with the HHO gas to the lean air / gas mixture and the creation of higher exhaust temperatures, the controller might think the highest temperature was normal. However, after applying several layers of aluminum foil around the sensors, my MPG went up to 26 mpg, which is owned 45% increase in fuel efficiency. I was thrilled!

I found something that many people do not understand or speak, is that the HHO cells to create an atmosphere rich in oxygen in the intake manifold. This is quitesimpler, more oxygen to burn better, need less fuel to do the same job, the result is more miles per gallon.

After some weeks passed, I realized that the HHO cell that went with the intake manifold was using more water than is the air intake. I thought it might be the way of the electrical has been connected. So I changed the positive and negative wires. It made no difference. So, I have the HHO to the intake line disconnected and connected the two cells,power is in the intake manifold. Guess what 'my MPG went to 28 mpg. This is better than a 50% increase in my fuel efficiency. This definitely made me happy!

So to answer the question, or really make a cheat? The HHO unit definitely works. Can I get 10 miles gallon any more over-priced gas that I purchased.

As I said, I chose a design that was simple HHO and quite cheap. It consists of two pots with lids Wide Mouth Mason plastic, four pieces2-1/8 X 5-3/4 inch Plexiglas inch x 3 / 16 inches thick with a slot half way down the center of each long piece, so two can be combined to form an X shape. X shapes are glued and then recorded in the plastic cover. Then, two ¼-inch holes in the plastic cover for the electrical connection screws are drilled. Do you need four pieces of wire 0.032 inch thick stainless steel each about 52 inches long. Wrap the wire around the connectionScrews on the edge of the half and then take the turn of a single electrode. Once the wires are twisted, insert the screw with the thread woven through the ¼ inch hole in the lid and wrap the wire around the mandrel Plexiglas X ¾-inch step and turn the spindle attach to the bottom of the Plexiglas. Then add the second screw and do the same with the second twine, tie it again at the bottom of the spindle Plexiglas. The two lines should be about 3 / 8 inch spacingseparately. Do the same for the second cell HHO. Now add two more holes in the lids of plastic, for an adjustable air vents and the other for a connecting tube to pull the HHO gas. Connect the adjustable air vents and air tight fitting lid to keep things. Once again the same to make the second cell HHO. This is more or less what they do simple HHO Cells. Now you can use the HHO cell in every available space in the engine compartment mounted or as I said before, I went on itbehind the radiator, so I can look through the grid to keep an eye on water levels. Then I connected all the pipes and fittings in the vehicle, as I have described.

Some important points that must be mentioned;

• The line HHO in the intake manifold, a check valve must be installed. This is a safety factor in case the engine is always counterproductive. Carburettor engines are more prone to this problem as fuel injectedEngines.

• Have the electrical system must have a 30-amp fuse in HHO line. What I did was a line of low-frequency electric amplifiers with a 12-volt source that comes on only when the engine (which was easy to find under the hood) was turned on to activate a relay race. Then I put the 30-amp fuse between the battery and the relay and ran a power line from the relay to HHO cells. I found it was much easier than trying to find the ignition key activates a 30 amp source.

•Instead of packing several layers of foil around the O2 sensors, have recently developed several alternative systems for the O2 sensor output to the controller. One thing is very simple, just plug in your unit head and does all the tuning for the engine to reach optimal efficiency.

• If you are in an area that gets cold temperatures, you need to get your ethylglycol electrolyte (water with baking soda) add to the bottom when it starts getting cold. ASo simple, so pick up some cold windshield washer fluid (the stuff usually blue) which has in ethyl glycol and mix with your electrolyte about half and half. HHO production will be reduced some, but at least they do not freeze the cells.

One drawback I had with the cell of the wire wrapped HHO is starting to settle after about 2-1/2 years, the wires and / or corrosion. If this happens, you will find everything from the plastic cover has broken around the top edge. The first time this has happened,I had no idea what had happened. Then, about three months later, my second cell did the same. After a little 'investigative reasoning, I think I found out what happened. If the wires get real-time in places, thin and the water level drops below the narrowed area, we are still in progress is drawn through the wires and shines like a light bulb filament, hydrogen, which turns still generated in the cell, which in turn blows the plastic lid and burns the wire. Ino other damage, just broken cover and broken wires. I replaced the plastic cover and wind the wires, and I was back in business. For this reason, I'd suggest looking for HHO cells, which are made ​​of stainless steel plates instead of wires. The threads of a lot of work, but have a limited life of only 2 or 3 years.

I hope that my experiences and this information is of some use to you.

Thanks

Hydrogen generators - or really a trick?